Cousin's marriage

It was my cousin sister’s marriage so I went to attend the marriage ceremony. Our whole family was there so me and my brother enjoyed different desserts that were later served to   barat.
And then someone told us that the barat has arrived and we move towards the main gate where all the family members were present to welcome the barat. After performing few rituals, the groom enters the gate and start moving towards mandap where other rituals are to be taken place
And then my phone rings…
It was like a shock to me and my whole body starts shivering. I am not excepting that phone call at this time as  she already knows I’ m in the marriage then why she is calling me?
Is there any problem?
Is she misses me?
And then, I put all the thoughts aside and picked up the phone.

Hello…
Hii… she replied
Why did u call me?
Can’t I?
You can!!! But it’s not the right time to call.
Oh… so when will be the right time to make a call?
I don’t know. Okay then bye we will talk later but my heart was not ready to disconnect the call, a thought was coming into mind, if I cut the call? What will she think about me then?
Hello… are u there, she said.
Hmmmm… I said and start conversation. You know it’s my cousin’s marriage and everyone is looking at me and I’m not feeling good.
Okay… then we will talk only for 10 minutes and after that I will not disturb you. I said,
Ok then she asks me what are you doing now.
Nothing much! Just enjoying the desserts with my brother and we welcome the barat after that and my phone starts beeping then as it’s you!!! After that u know!!!

 What about you?

I am missing you. Its weekend so you know my roommate went to her home and I am getting bored … I interrupted her,

So you choose me to entertain you? Or ni mila koi? What’s this?
Stop it man! She said, these are not my words, you always pretend everything. That’s why  I am not going to call you now !!! Actually there is no one here so to whom I will talk, I am not feeling well as no one is here … so I call you but you are also making me feel embraced. I am not going to call you again. Okay bye. She said.
That’s okay I am just kidding. Why are you feeling so I have just asked it? Don’t be so hyper. It’s not that you are thinking
No! I am not gonna call you again. You are making me feel ashamed. I am not gonna call u that’s it. She said again
Okay!!! So you finally decided that u won’t call me again? Are u sure?
Yes, I am damn sure. She said
It’s already half an hour and you promise me that we will talk only for 10 minutes.


And then she disconnects the call. Am I okay? Is there something wrong with me? How can I talk to her like that? What she is thinking of me? Something went wrong man!!! Now what if she doesn’t talk to me again? Questions are arising in my mind like a puzzle in ludo. I have to call her now? But I also have to go inside the palace as marriage rituals have started.
What to do? First I have to make call and then will think about others.

I make her call…
After 3rd ring, she picked up the call and said.

Hello. Time is over as you told me that you have to attend the marriage. So attend the marriage and don't call me.
Okay. I thought you get angry with me so I make a call
I am annoyed with you. She said
Why u got annoyed with me?
What I have done?
Nothing…
Then…
U never does anything. Every time I make mistakes and u are innocent. This is what u wants to hear?
No, this is not I want to hear this from you. But u make everything so complicated that I’m not even able to answer u. See I am here talking to u and there my cousin is going to be married. But the thing is that I want to talk to you.   

You should go there. But I am here alone and I don’t have anyone to talk. So, I am feeling helpless as no one is with me and you are also far away from me. Now tell me what should I do?
Okay!!! Wait for five minutes I will be back. Let me see what’s the situation inside and after that we will talk till u want. Happy Now…
Nope… you can’t leave me like this; you have to talk to me. U can go if   u makes sure that you will reach university by tomorrow.
Wait!!! What’s the matter now? You know its Friday tomorrow and after that there will be two holidays. So what will I do on holidays? And tomorrow I don’t have my classes, so it’s not possible.
I want to say something… I am missing you. That’s why I want you to be there.

Oh… tickling in my stomach so u gonna miss me ehh..? But how it will be possible to reach there, u knows it’s impossible.

Dekha… that’s why I am saying don’t trust anyone. It’s all right, u don’t have guts then what it could be?

Wait… what you say? I interrupted her in between  
I don’t have guts… don’t mess with me. If you want me to be there then you have to go on a coffee date with me. Okay I have to go now so u can sleep as it’s already 11 pm.
Okay Done!!!  Better you go… bye good night. Anupriya said
Good night. And I disconnect the call.

I run towards marriage hall as stage program have already end and all the people rush towards the food stall as dinner is going to be served. People are eagerly waiting for their turn and I find my elder brother sat on a sofa half sleepy, no one around him.

As I reach near him and ask him, is everything alright?
He nodded and asks me where you were? I find you everywhere but couldn’t find you
I have a phone call. I said
He didn’t ask me anything and ask him, “had dinner or not and he nodded. He told me that if I ask dad to go home and I goes to dad and ask him if he wants to go home. He refused and gives keys of the car and said, “You can both go.
I pass the keys to brother and told him to make a move. I said, goodbye to dad and maa and got instructions of driving safely. He starts the ignition and we drive back to home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First meeting